What books did I get to in July? How many books are staring judgingly at me from my bookshelf? Did I spend way too much time reading comics? Stay tuned to find out!
As July wraps up, I start to get increasingly panicked about wasting my summer. I had all this free time and look at the measly amount of books I managed to read. Woe is me, or something like that.
This year, however, I’m doing much better than in previous years. I’m actually keeping up with Goodreads, cataloging owned books, and *GASP* I’ve already completed my Goodreads Challenge for the year. (Thanks comics?)
This month was a whole lot of unplanned comics and not much of my planned anything.
- I have realized that Boom! Studio Comics and I should just get married already. I haven’t read a single thing from them that I didn’t like.
- Giant Days gets funnier and more relatable every issue. From the weird German girlfriend, to horrible apartments, and insecurities, this comic is college in a witty, relatable format.
- I devoured the entirety of Goldie Vance in one sitting. I love the feminist and empowering themes in it, not to mention the artwork. It’s a vintage time period pushing modern ideals and I adore it.
- Backstagers was fantastic as a whole and I think it’s a must for everyone.
- Hi-Fi! Fight Club (Heavy Vinyl?) has all the girl power and all the gay. I can’t get enough.
- Toil and Trouble and Sadie were probably my two favorite reads this month! Go on over to my Goodreads page to see what I thought about them (since I never got around to posting the reviews here… even though I already wrote them..).
The Month Ahead:
- School starts back on the 20th and I’m officially heading into my last year of undergrad. I don’t understand why I am going to be allowed to be a full, fledged adult. I can’t even remember to sweep my apartment every week.
- I’ll be applying to the Indiana University school of Information and Library Sciences for my masters this fall. Basically, expect a lot of flailing and stressed screaming on my twitter.
- I have an overly ambitious tbr for #ArcAugust but what is new? I truly love biting off more than I can chew, and then being mad at myself for not accomplishing it all.
- A new round of OTSP Secret Sister has started and I am sincerely hoping I don’t give myself away. On accident. For the third time.